Monday, May 25, 2009

The Implementation

For the past two years I have been working on a project. I came into this project in year two. I have learned a great deal about myself, the company I work for, and how projects are done. I have shed tears, blood and sleepless nights as have many others.

On May 16th after more than a year of User Acceptance Testing we had a "Soft Implementation in a Bubble Environment". The California testers started at 8pm EDT on Saturday night and the plan was to have the Ohio testers start at 4am EDT on May 17th. We finished or implementation at 12:30pm EDT on May 17th. A lot of tired people and goofiness. I along with others had spent over 1,000 minutes on a conference call (thanks Doug for keeping track).

Doug came into this project a few months before me. Although there has been a lot of stress the IT teams and the Business teams have maintained a positive relationship.

One of the going jokes was that when WellPATH implemented it would be like having a baby. Poor Doug mentioned that he felt left out when we told him. My VP told him that it would be like peeing a watermelon. That is when the fun began.

Doug is in California and on May 15th I came into the office to find a watermelon on my chair.



(PA Girls, Best Wishes for this Weekends Installation!! Thanks for Everything, Doug.)

So in the wee hours of the morning we dressed up the watermelon and gave her a name. Melonee was born!



Oh and don't forget about the first feeding.



But then on Wednesday I came into the office and found a ransome note. (Sorry I couldn't figure how to flip it)


As of Friday she was still missing and in the meeting minutes of the tester meeting there was this picture


I know two things 1. I wont be able to eat watermelon the rest of the summer and 2. I work with a fun bunch of people.

When you have a stressful job it is awesome to work with people you can laugh with.

I miss you Melonee!

No comments: